Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Return to Blogging & Social Media Predictions for 2008

Huh! It has been almost 4 months now that I had stopped blogging. The reasons were many and excuses were easy to find. I have a tighter schedule now than earlier; I am finding micro-formats more and more appealing - my Twitter updates in last 2 months rival my blog posts in my whole life! But apart from this, also there is the blogger's gene, which I think has been weaker in me always. I have found that whenever I have tried (I have created and deleted 10's of blogs) to stick to a particular theme, the blogger in me takes a leave. So this time onwards, I will be free-wheeling mainly.
For this time, let me tell you what to look out for in 2008 (the predictions!) - Tumblr and Twitter will surely be acquired; There will be scope for integration of third-party mash-ups in both of them & more importantly, real growth of these services will start once monetization of the micro-content becomes possible. Facebook, on the other hand will either reach plateau or decline. Main drawback of Facebook is the lack of better and easy communication with fellow Facebookians. Facebook walls are burried deep down the heap of applications. For an average user like me, only utility Facebook is providing me with, is Movie Quizes! I don't know what else to do there (apart from watching Movie quiz updates from my friends). Orkut seems so much livelier than Facebook, though the later has a professional crowd there. One question that will be prominent on my mind will be about the fate of LinkedIn. Which way it will go is yet to be clear to me. As for as social bookmarking is considered, Del.icio.us will remain worthwhile alongwith Stumbleupon in the next year. In Social Media sites, Youtube and Flickr will rule the roost with the backing of giants Google and Yahoo respectively.
So these are the predictions - a try to guess the shape of future...nothing much revolutionary.

I hope that the postings will be more regular in the new year!

7 comments:

business security camera said...

Glad I stumbled into this article! Finally, got what I was looking for to put on my school report... Thanks for sharing this. I would love some feedback on my site home security door when you got time.

occupational health safety program said...

This seems like it would be a very interesting blog to keep up with. Please come visit my site safety program give me any valuable feedbacks.

Natural Remedy said...

I am deeply in love with every single piece of information you post here. Will be back often to read more updates! Please come visit my site Home remedies when you got time.

Children Health said...

Glad I stumbled into this article! Finally, got what I was looking for to put on my school report... Thanks for sharing this. I would love some feedback on my site Children's health when you got time.

Anonymous said...

Baby tooth decay, protect infants children's baby tooth. Children’s oral care tips and guikdes.dentin

Burlington Business Address said...

Hello, i am glad to read the whole content of this blog and am very excited and happy to say that the webmaster has done a very good job here to put all the information content and information at one place, i will must refer this information with reference on my website ...Burlington Business Directory, Burlington Agriculture, fishing & Forestry, Burlington Apparel & Accessories, business directory listings of Burlington Automotive, Burlington Business & Professional Services, Burlington Computers, Communications & Electronics, home garden furnishing, real estate business finderBurlington Construction & Renovation, Burlington Education, Burlington Entertainment & Media, Burlington Family & Community, Lawyers Attorneys & Law Firms Directory Burlington Finance & Legal,dinning restaurants Entertainment serving Burlington Food & Beverages, Burlington Health & Medicine Doctors Hospitals, Burlington Home & Garden, Burlington Industrial supplies & services , Burlington Personal Care, Burlington Public utilities & environment, Burlington Real-Estate & Insurance, Burlington Shopping & Specialty Stores, shopping, retail, department stores company guide of Burlington Sports & Recreation, Burlington Transportation, Burlington Travel & Lodging

Real Estate Lawyer Search Strathcona said...

Hello, i am glad to read the whole content of this blog and am very excited and happy to say that the webmaster has done a very good job here to put all the information content and information at one place, i will must refer this information with reference on my website ...Strathcona Home & Garden, Strathcona Industrial supplies & services , Strathcona Personal Care, Strathcona Public utilities & environment, Strathcona Real-Estate & Insurance, Strathcona Shopping & Specialty Stores, shopping, retail, department stores company guide of Strathcona Sports & Recreation, Strathcona Transportation, Strathcona Travel & Lodging