Wednesday, February 7, 2007
Most Useful Firefox Shortcuts
Those who work on a PC/ Mac for whole day understand the pain of working with mouse. Mouse is actually a single piece of machine which at once is cumbersome & indispensible. This dilemma of mouse can however be solved with the help of keyboard shortcuts.
Following are the shortcuts which I use most often in Firefox environment.
1. Ctrl+Enter: This is for the URL's which are like http://www.some name.com. This shortcut directly puts the bold part of URL. e.g. for http://www.wordpress.com, just type wordpress in address bar & hit Ctrl+Enter
2. Shift+Enter: Works in same fashion as above for URL's containing .net
3. Ctrl+Shift+Enter: Works in same fashion as above for URL's containing .org
4. Ctrl+T: This opens a new tab besides current tab
5. Ctrl+Tab: This helps in navigating between the tabs. Working with Tabs is made better if you download the Tab Mix Plus extension. You can download this extension here.
6. Ctrl+L: Take the control to Address box.
7. Ctrl+K: Take the control to Firefox search box.
8. Ctrl+W: Closes the current tab.
9. Backspace: To move to previous page.
10. Shift+Backspace: To move to next page.