On Yahoo! Finance, there is a an article by Jim Citrin which corroborates above point. In his article, Tapping the Power of Your Morning Routine, Jim tells us about how an early morning routine is helping CEO's world over. Main point he makes through his study of 20 CEO's and top executives, is that you really become an early bird to reap benefits of the day, by getting up early.
Here is the routine of top CEO's:
- Start early.
- Get a jump on email.
- Exercise every morning.
- Be thoughtful about the source, form, and timing of your news.
- Problem-solve. (Because your mind is clean in the morning)
- Make family time.
- Be creative with your morning routine.
Here is a great post by Dave Cheong on 'Waking Up Early & Consistantly'. The best tips in this post can be summarised in following points -
- Have a reason/motivation to wake up early
- 'Another 10 Minutes' is a trap. Don't fall for it
- Get up early even at the weekends